- Show the tags per file. This should be configurable per language, and maybe even per language, per database.
- Building better trees for many languages.
- Internally always use WCHARS for filenames
- Add an option to set a path to a secondary tags database. If the tag is not found in the default tags database, the secondary one should be searched. Such a tags database can be created from the root of your programming environment to search the standard libraries. Where to find this secondary database could be based upon the language of current document, or a tags database option.
- Nest enums and structs in C++ classes in the tree.
- Auto-completion based upon the tags database.
- Options per tags database. Preserve those settings when the database is regenerated.
- Optional set the hidden attribute for
- Option to use line numbers instead of search patterns. Note that
.ctagsfile already gives you this result.
- Make the plug-in multi-threading, especially when generating the tags file and converting that to the database.
Jump to Tagis used and there is no database, ask to generate it and then jump to the tag.
- Investigate the new JSON output of Universal Ctags instead of the traditional
tagsoutput. Not sure if there is a real advantage for the plug-in.
- Expand the tree item of a generic language if there is only one type.
Enter-key to be used to go to tag from the tree.
- Add a searchbox above the tree.